1. -With the help of that machine, we can do the work with __________money and __________people.
A. less; fewer B. fewer; less
C. fewer; fewer D. less; less
2. There are __________tall trees and two__________ old houses in that faraway village.
A. hundreds of; hundreds of
B. hundreds of; hundred
C. hundred; hundreds of
D. hundred; hundred
3. -The radio says it's going to snow tomorrow.
-Really? That will make our job __________ more difficult.
A. everB. evenC. manyD. some
4. -Your friends are all very nice.
-You're right. I choose my friends on how we__________.
A. get withB. get on
C. get inD. get up
5. -Julia, you look unhappy.__________
-I lost my English book yesterday.
A. Can you help me?B. What should I do?
C. Can I help you?D. What's wrong?
6. Alan's math is not very good. Maybe his parents should get him a __________.
A. student B. doctorC. tutorD. friend
7. -I called you at seven last night, but there was no reply.
-Oh, sorry. I __________ with my mother in the supermarket.......